Viewer Comments: Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder - Treatment

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder in Children):

Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder - Treatment

What treatment has been effective for your child's ADHD?

Comment from: Alexandre, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: September 10

I found out I have ADHD last year at age 29. History of my education shows that it is not because of my IQ, but I simply have no control of my attention span when in school. My test results showed that I do not have problem with others, but only have problems because of my attention rate. Since college, I have a hard time to control my mood swings. I compete with people who have looked down on me and most of the time I proved them wrong, but in the long run, the more I push myself harder the more I became self-destructive. After taking Ritalin, I got better at the beginning for about a month. The drug can only get me on my high brain wave control for a short time. My ability to multitask was worn out bits by bit. I do hope there will be more attention on our issues. Please put more effort on the research.

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

VIEW
ADHD Quiz IQ

Must Read Articles Related to Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder

10 Tips for Parenting a Child with ADHD
10 Tips for Parenting a Child with ADHD Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) is one of the most common conditions of childhood. Symptoms may include hyperactivity, inability to sit still or...learn more >>
Adult ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder in Adults)
ADHD in Adults Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) is increasingly recognized in adult populations. Adult ADHD symptoms include restlessness, inability to relax, i...learn more >>
Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) in Teens
ADHD in Teens Attention deficit hyperactivy disorder is a behavior disorder that affects millions of teens. Symptoms include inattention, hyperactivity, and impulsivity. Trea...learn more >>

ADHD - Experience

Please describe your experience with ADHD.

Childhood ADHD - Tests

What tests were used to diagnose your child's ADHD?

Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder - Symptoms

Please describe the severity of your child's ADHD symptoms.