Viewer Comments: Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder - Treatment

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder in Children):

Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder - Treatment

What treatment has been effective for your ADHD?

Comment from: Alexandre, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: September 10

I found out I have ADHD last year at age 29. History of my education shows that it is not because of my IQ, but I simply have no control of my attention span when in school. My test results showed that I do not have problem with others, but only have problems because of my attention rate. Since college, I have a hard time to control my mood swings. I compete with people who have looked down on me and most of the time I proved them wrong, but in the long run, the more I push myself harder the more I became self-destructive. After taking Ritalin, I got better at the beginning for about a month. The drug can only get me on my high brain wave control for a short time. My ability to multitask was worn out bits by bit. I do hope there will be more attention on our issues. Please put more effort on the research.

Must Read Articles Related to Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder

ADHD in Adults
ADHD in Adults Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) is well recognized in children and is increasingly recognized in adult populations. Adult ADHD symptoms include ...learn more >>

ADHD - Experience

Please describe your experience with ADHD.

Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder - Symptoms

Please describe the severity of your child's ADHD symptoms.