Viewer Comments: Back Pain - Cause

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Back Pain:

Back Pain - Cause

What was the cause of your back pain?

Comment from: redd, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: April 21

Well my back pain is more so on right side of my butt bone and I hurt on that same side below my ribs and it hurts so bad sometimes I feel like my legs are about to give away on me. I went to my doctor and he thought it was my gall bladder so I had an ultra sound and they found a spot on my pancreas so I had a CT scan and it didn't show anything but I'm still hurting in my lower back and my side.

Comment from: Ruby, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: July 18

I injured my back at work, but l worked for a semi-military department and after a MRI, it was determined that l had ruptured a disc.

Comment from: Deanna, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: July 18

I have had an aortic nerve problem for months. Now my skin feels like it is burning. And I get little spasms left buttock and leg.

Comment from: Neeser, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 23

Only days ago I experienced sharp lower back pain on my left side. I dont remember doing anything to hurt myself however I did start jogging every other day about a week go. It feels like muscle and is very painful when I sit up or bend over. I have stopped jogging for now to see if the pain subsides.

Comment from: Patsy Cline, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 18

I have had back pain for 32 yrs. I found out I have fibromyalgia, and chronic fatigue syndrome. I also have a bulging disk at L1-S5 and a pinched nerve at T12. I have put on so much weight and I can't get a doctor to give me the right pain regiment so I don't do a lot of anything. I am 56 yrs. old and I am disabled. I also have diabetes and it's under control but I want to lose the weight and have the surgery on my back.

Comment from: bella, 35-44 Female Published: June 21

I injured myself at work picking up something very heavy. I had severe back pain for days and got an X-ray done, then an MRI and I had a blown out disc in my neck and a disc bulging above it. After nine years and two neck surgeries, I still have nasty back pain, including lower back pain and now leg pain. Voltaren Gel 1% Rx only, should be tried. I was surprised. It's an alternative to taking pills all the time to alleviate the severe pain.

Comment from: Ginger, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: April 18

While playing tennis, I felt pain in my lower back.

Comment from: spider, 55-64 Female Published: April 10

I was lifting furniture when all of a sudden I felt pain in my back. Ever since then, I'm in agony and I cannot touch my toes.

Comment from: Babydoll3133, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 02

I have had back problems since I was 16. It's a "family thing," so I was told. My lower back has been hurting off and on for 30 years now. Yesterday, I sneezed. My back, right thigh and hip are now hurting very badly. My leg is tingling and my toes are cold. It will get better in a day or two, and then I get to wait for the next sneeze. I have some codeine tablets (Tylenol 3) that I got from my dentist a few months ago, and that seems to help a little.)

Comment from: yvonne, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: January 24

I experience back pains 17 or more years ago. Lately at work they added extra on my job duties. I have been lifting cases of canned products. Enough said...

Comment from: Butch, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: December 13

I rolled an 18 wheeler in heavy wind, tossing me around the inside of the cab and winding up on the roof of the truck. Since then I have suffered from severe back pain.

Must Read Articles Related to Back Pain Health

Cauda Equina Syndrome
Cauda Equina Syndrome The spinal cord extends from the brain down through the spinal canal inside the vertebral column. The spinal cord is surrounded by dural sacs, which are extensi...learn more >>
Exercise
Exercise Exercise has been shown to reduce one's risk of heart disease, diabetes, colon and breast cancer, lower blood pressure and cholesterol, and reduce depression an...learn more >>
Fibromyalgia
Fibromyalgia Fibromyalgia is an illness with no known cause. Symptoms include chronic pain, fatigue, fibrofog (mental haziness), insomnia, headaches, nervousness, numbness, ...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Back Pain:

Low Back Pain - Symptoms

What were the symptoms of your low back pain?

Back Pain - Treatment

What was the treatment for your back pain?

Low Back Pain - Prevention

What prevention measures do you use to avoid getting low back pain?