Viewer Comments: Pneumonia - Treatments

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Bacterial Pneumonia:

Pneumonia - Treatments

What was the treatment for your pneumonia?

Comment from: james, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: March 25

I am 61 and I am being treated with walking pneumonia. This is not fun. I am on a puffer and antibiotics.

Comment from: DANNO, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 10

I was admitted to the hospital for three days. I had antibiotics in the hospital, then when I was released, I was given the same prescription for the antibiotic I was given. It's called Avelox. I have never heard of this medication, but I seem to be feeling better every day.

Comment from: Female (Patient) Published: January 18

I am 46 years old and have gotten pneumonia each year in February or March since 2006. As I am self-employed and have no insurance, so a hospital stay was out of the question. I have been put on 7 to 10 day courses of antibiotics. It seems to take me a month or two to feel 100 percent wish there was something better.

Comment from: dahlia, 35-44 Female (Caregiver) Published: January 11

The treatment given for my daughter's pneumonia was Amoxicillin 500mg 3 times a day for 7 days. The pneumonia improved steadily during the course of treatment.

Must Read Articles Related to Bacterial Pneumonia

Bronchitis
Bronchitis Bronchitis is acute or chronic inflammation of the air passages in the lungs. There are several viruses and bacteria that cause bronchitis. Exposure to pollutan...learn more >>
Cough
Coughs A cough is a symptom of an underlying disease or condition. A chronic or persistent cough may signal certain lung conditions that should be evaluated by a healt...learn more >>
Fever (in Adults)
Fever in Adults A fever is a body temperature of 100.4 F or greater. A fever may be caused by a virus, bacteria, fungus, blood clot, tumor, drug, or the environment. Treatment ...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Bacterial Pneumonia:

Pneumonia - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with pneumonia.

Bacterial Pneumonia - Symptoms

What were the symptoms of your bacterial pneumonia?