Viewer Comments: bacterial Vaginosis - Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Bacterial Vaginosis:

bacterial Vaginosis - Experience

Please describe your experience with bacterial vaginosis.

Comment from: Nishypeep, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 24

I have had bacterial vaginosis (BV) for almost 4 years. When I first had symptoms, I thought it was a yeast infection. I never really get any discharge with the bacterial infection as you would in a yeast infection but my symptoms are burning and itching, bad! I started going to my obstetrician for this and she put me on antibiotics and a probiotic (OTC) and itch relief cream. After a few days, it went away. She said (after my 4th time having it) that my husband and my pH do not match well so, if we have sex two or three nights in a row, I get a bacterial infection! Ugh! The antibiotic for this, makes me very sick and causes bad abdominal pain! I cannot take an antibiotic every time for this, I literally throw up the entire time I'm on the antibiotic. I used to eat a lot of yogurt and felt like maybe that was causing it but I've heard yogurt is great to eat for BV. I am at my wits end!

Comment from: Lady33, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: June 03

I've had BV for the last three or four months and the doctor end up treating both me and my mate, so hopefully this time the antibiotics worked.

Must Read Articles Related to Bacterial Vaginosis

Vaginal Infections
Vaginal Infections Vaginal infections, or vaginitis, describe the most common medical concerns women have in the area of their reproductive organs. Vaginitis is an inflammation of...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Bacterial Vaginosis:

Bacterial Vaginosis - Effective Treatments

What kinds of treatments have been effective for your bacterial vaginosis?

Bacterial Vaginosis - Symptoms

What were the symptoms of your bacterial vaginosis?