Bad Breath (Halitosis) (cont.)
Bad Breath Treatment
Self-Care at Home
People who suffer from bad breath want to know how to get rid of bad breath.
Some examples of measures an individual can do to prevent or get rid of bad
- Practice good oral hygiene
- brush at least twice a day with
- brush the teeth after meals,
- brush the tongue,
- replace your toothbrush every two to three months,
- use dental floss regularly,
- dentures should be removed at night and cleaned thoroughly before
being placed in your mouth, and
- see your dentist at least twice a year.
- Stop smoking/chewing tobacco-based products
- Keep your mouth moist
- drinking water, and
- chewing sugarless gum or hard candy to stimulate the production
- Avoid foods such as onions or garlic which may cause bad breath.
- Mouthwash provides a temporary way to mask bad breath odors, but it may not
treat the underlying cause.
- Natural bad breath remedies include chewing on mint or
Must Read Articles Related to Bad Breath (Halitosis)
Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) FAQs
Acid reflux (GERD) is caused by lifestyle factors (alcohol, obesity), medication, diet, medical conditions, and eating habits. Symptoms of acid reflux (GERD) in...learn more >>
Oral thrush is an infection of the tongue, inner cheek, lip, or gums. Thrush is caused by an overgrowth of the yeast Candida albicans. Symptoms and signs...learn more >>
Periodontal (Gum) Disease
Periodontal disease is an infection of the tissues that support the teeth. Teeth are supported by the gums, or gingiva. A tooth's root is anchored to its socket...learn more >>
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Bad Breath (Halitosis):