Barium Enema (cont.)
When to Seek Medical Care
- Call your doctor if you have any of these problems:
- Moderate to severe abdominal pain
- Moderate to severe abdominal bloating
- Severe diarrhea
- Inability to take food or fluids
- If you pass dark material or have fresh bleeding in your stools, go to a hospital's emergency department.
- In addition, any severe abdominal pain, bloating, or cramping needs evaluation in a hospital.
Francisco Talavera, PharmD, PhD
Must Read Articles Related to Barium Enema
Colitis is an inflammation of the colon. There are many cause of colitis, infectious colitis (bacterial or viral), ischemic colitis, inflammatory bowel disease ...learn more >>
The human colon is a muscular, tube-shaped organ measuring about 4 feet long. It extends from the end of your small bowel to your anus, twisting and turning thr...learn more >>
Crohn's disease (Crohn disease) is an inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), and is a chronic long-term inflammation of the digestive tract. The cause of Crohn's dis...learn more >>