Viewer Comments: Bartholin Cyst - Treatment

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Bartholin Cyst:

Bartholin Cyst - Treatment

What treatment has been effective for your Bartholin cyst?

Comment from: heather, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: July 19

I had a Bartholin cyst a year ago, maybe the size of a walnut. I actually boiled a pin head and popped it myself because I couldn't take it anymore. I drained blood and fluid eventually within a week or so it disappeared. The second one is here now. I did the pin again, but only got a bit of blood and fluid, although this one is still small. I will be calling my doctor in the morning to look at it and discuss treatments and antibiotics. Hopefully the doctor will drain better and insert a catheter.

Comment from: Bel, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: May 16

I was diagnosed with this Bartholin cyst. It's not painful at all. I'm doing this sitting on a warm water remedy at home and I guess it is helping because I notice that the size is getting smaller. I'm just wondering, because since I got this I don't allow my husband to touch me or let's just say it, were not having sex anymore since I got this. I'm just wondering if it's ok to do it. Thank you so much.

Comment from: cat, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 15

Just had a bartholin cyst drained this morning. Had no idea what it was. Woke up with it four days ago. My gynecologist stated that it is not from a sexually transmitted disease, that is what they used to think. I have only one partner. For the last couple of months, I have periodically felt like I was having a bladder infection..For which I know you can buy over the counter medications to help with the uneasy feeling of wanting to urinate (which I was treating). Still waiting to see if that was the case. Very painful! Wished I would have gotten something for my pain!

Must Read Articles Related to Bartholin Cyst

Cyst (Cysts)
Cyst Cyst (cysts) are abnormal sac-like structures that can occur anywhere in the body. Examples of cysts include: ovarian cysts, sebaceous cyst, ganglion cyst, pilo...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Bartholin Cyst:

Bartholin Cyst - Experience

Please describe your experience with Bartholin cyst.

Find Your Best Self: Discover new ways to live an inspiring life through beauty, diet, and fitness ideas.