Viewer Comments: Bedbugs - Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Bedbugs:

Bedbugs - Experience

Please describe your experience with bedbugs.

Comment from: VaLady, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: November 23

I went to visit family out of state and slept on the sofa because my cousin and wife needed to sleep in the bedroom when they arrived. I fell asleep in my traveling clothes on the sofa and during the night I felt like something crawled on me but I was too tired to do anything more than brush my arm. Next morning I got up to take a shower and just happened to look up at the ceiling and saw what I thought might be a bedbug. The next day I started to get itchy on my arms near my wrists. Initially thought it was mosquitoes. Then the person who I stayed with told me she had them in her room. I immediately got upset. I went in her room and they were all over the walls. Needless to say, I left. I was so paranoid of taking them home. When I arrived back to my house I got undressed in the garage and put all my clothing in the dryer; even the delicate ones. Bites were on both arms, my back, and my neck. And the itch was terrible. I'm still worried they may be in my car so, I'm going to get traps just in case.

Comment from: Help!, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: July 22

I recently have been getting bit in my bedroom. I was thinking a mosquito had been biting me all this time because we live by a lake and there are always mosquitoes. I have two red bites on my lower spine, one on the side of my stomach and two on the back of my knee. They are really red. Also on the side of my thigh I had a couple of red ones in almost a row a couple of weeks ago. I checked my mattress and I did not see anything. I had a cover on it and I pulled the cover to check and nothing. So I'm not sure if it's bed bugs or just a mosquito. Either way I'm allergic to insect bites and the itching is driving me crazy. But I did see one bug which did look like a bed bug and I believe it came from a bag I brought home from a friend's home. I killed it right away. Since then I have not seen any or gotten bitten again.

Comment from: ken1, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: September 22

I have gotten rid of the bedbugs with the dust powder.

Must Read Articles Related to Bedbugs

Insect Bites
Insect Bites Insect stings and bites are common. Common symptoms include:

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Bedbugs:

Bedbugs - Prevention

What prevention measures do you use to avoid getting bedbug bites?

Bed Bugs - Initial Symptoms and Signs

What were the initial symptoms and signs of your bedbug bites?

Bedbugs - Treatment

How did you treat your bedbug bites?