Viewer Comments: Bedbugs - Prevention

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Bedbugs:

Bedbugs - Prevention

What prevention measures do you use to avoid getting bedbug bites?

Comment from: Anne, 45-54 Female (Caregiver) Published: April 14

I noticed the bedbugs on the first day. I called an exterminator and they came and give 2 treatments and said they should be gone (not true). The bugs spread to the other room and we treated by spreading earth powder all around the room and used a steamer for the base boards. One time I came to wake up my kid and I saw one small bug so I sprayed alcohol on it (which killed it). Also, we sprayed spray foam to seal the base boards.

Comment from: bed bugs, 19-24 Male (Caregiver) Published: August 18

I use natural ways to kill bed bugs like olive oil, lemon grass oi, etc.

Comment from: lizannek12, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: July 01

I just returned from a rehabilitation facility, and after one, saw these bites all over my arms. I thought they might be bug bites, as we have had so much rain. I am getting more every day, and am hoping they are not bed bug bites! My house is so clean and I have never experienced this pain, itching and inflammation.

Must Read Articles Related to Bedbugs

Insect Bites
Insect Bites Insect stings and bites are common. Common symptoms include:

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Bedbugs:

Bedbugs - Experience

Please describe your experience with bedbugs.

Bed Bugs - Initial Symptoms and Signs

What were the initial symptoms and signs of your bedbug bites?

Bedbugs - Treatment

How did you treat your bedbug bites?