Viewer Comments: Bedbugs - Treatment

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Bedbugs:

Bedbugs - Treatment

How did you treat your bedbug bites?

Comment from: G from Va, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 19

The thing that helped the itching and sores go away was Equate calamine lotion plus sprays that I purchased from Walmart. I spray twice a day and as needed after showers. I've tried a lot of things for bedbug bites, but I've found this simple thing deals with the bites more than anything else. Hope this is helpful to others.

Comment from: Feyi, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: May 27

I had bed bug bites at a friend's home. A few days later, the bites started swelling and itching so bad. Also, I noticed fluid in swellings. I am currently taking Benadryl and I hope it works.

Comment from: gary paxton, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: September 27

I used Spray and Wash laundry stain remover to spray my place and it seems to work better than bed bug spray I buy.

Comment from: sandy, 45-54 Female (Caregiver) Published: March 11

Cedar oil sold online in gallon form. It works. I used it in two friends' apartments. It's safe for humans and pets, bought it from DIY extermination online.

Must Read Articles Related to Bedbugs

Insect Bites
Insect Bites Insect stings and bites are common. Common symptoms include:

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Bedbugs:

Bedbugs - Prevention

What prevention measures do you use to avoid getting bedbug bites?

Bedbugs - Experience

Please describe your experience with bedbugs.

Bed Bugs - Initial Symptoms and Signs

What were the initial symptoms and signs of your bedbug bites?