Viewer Comments: Bee and Wasp Sting - Treatments

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Bee and Wasp Stings:

Bee and Wasp Sting - Treatments

What treatment or treatments did you use for you bee and/or wasp sting?

Comment from: 13-18 Female Published: February 08

About four days ago I was stung by a bee I did not realize it I thought I just stood on a prickle then my little brother said look a bee and pointed to where my foot had just been I instantly knew I ran inside and my dad put malt vinegar on it ice and cold water (rotating) my mum the next day gave me cream and that night a different type now I have my foot wrapped up in a bandage because I have sharp excruciating pain starting at my bee sting spreading up my leg and stopping at my knee I can't do PE at school and come home exhausted from the pain.

Comment from: Relieved, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: July 17

I was recently stung on the face (next to my nostril) by a wasp. I saturated a cloth in vinegar and held it against my nose for less than a minute. The pain subsided almost immediately and I received no swelling whatsoever.

Comment from: ger589ric, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: May 17

I was stung by a very aggressive red wasp on my upper lip. The wasp barely touched my upper lip. It was just a brush really. I did not think it even got me until the pain kicked in. I immediately put some cortisone cream on the sting area. The pain eased pretty fast but the swelling started and it kept getting worse for an hour or so. I ended up with a very big Lip. It was still swollen the next day!

Must Read Articles Related to Bee and Wasp Stings

Allergic Reaction
Allergic Reaction An allergic reaction is an overreaction to a harmless substance. Symptoms and signs of an allergic reaction include hives, rashes, swelling, itching, wheezing, ...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Bee and Wasp Stings:

Bee And Wasp Sting - Self-Care

What self-care did you use on your bee and/or wasp sting?

Bee and Wasp Sting - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with Bee and Wasp Sting.