Viewer Comments: Benign Positional Vertigo - Exercises

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo:

Benign Positional Vertigo - Exercises

What exercises helped with your benign positional vertigo?

Comment from: Beebee, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 28

I do some Epley maneuvers until the vertigo subsides to less than 30 seconds. I then avoid rolling over in bed or lying flat. I do my best to keep my head faced forward and not move it much at all.

Comment from: Irwin, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: January 31

Since my initial attack 6 years ago which was so severe I was hospitalized for 3 days, subsequent attacks have been relatively minor. I have found the best thing to do when I get dizzy is to hold my head steady (in whatever position I am in) and stare at a fixed point on the wall or ceiling. The dizziness usually goes away in a matter of a few seconds.

Comment from: mary, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: January 25

Performing the Epley Maneuver will relieve the vertigo symptoms 95% of the time for me. Also, I have learned to avoid certain movements that will trigger vertigo.

Comment from: Jean, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: January 18

I sometimes find a very small amount of magnesium taken at bedtime helps by the morning.

Must Read Articles Related to Benign Positional Vertigo

Labyrinthitis
Labyrinthitis Labyrinthitis means an inflammation of the inner ear structure called the labyrinth. Sometimes the term labyrinthitis refers to other causes of inner ear proble...learn more >>
Meniere Disease
Meniere Disease Meniere's disease is a syndrome in which you experience episodes of spinning vertigo (sense of the room spinning), hearing loss, and tinnitus (ringing in the ea...learn more >>
Tinnitus (Ringing in the Ears)
Tinnitus Tinnitus (ringing in the ears) is a cause for hearing loss...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo:

Benign Positional Vertigo - Diagnosis and Treatment

How was your benign positional vertigo diagnosed and treated?

Benign Paroxysmal Vertigo - Symptoms

What were the symptoms of your benign paroxysmal vertigo?

Benign Positional Vertigo - Experience

Please describe your experience with benign positional vertigo.