Birth Control FAQs (cont.)
IN THIS ARTICLE
What are the chances of a pregnancy if my current method of birth control is not used or fails? Should my partner and I consider using 2 forms of birth control (such as a male condom and birth control pills) at the same time?
Each birth control method has a failure rate. Even the permanent forms of sterilization, tubal ligation and vasectomy, are not 100% effective. Understand your risks for pregnancy before you have sexual relations. Combine methods to further lower your risk.
Omnia M Samra, MD
Bryan D Cowan, MD
Francisco Talavera, PharmD, PhD
Lee P Shulman, MD
Must Read Articles Related to Birth Control FAQs
Women's Health Resources
- Your Guide to a Healthy Pregnancy
- What to Know Before You Get Pregnant
- Birth Control and Insurance FAQ
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?