Birth Control FAQs (cont.)
IN THIS ARTICLE
What birth control methods are available from my health care provider?
Discuss your birth control needs and preferences with your health care provider. Many methods are available from your doctor and can be arranged for during an office visit. Some options, such as a
diaphragm (used with spermicide) or a
cervical cap (also used with
spermicide), require fitting, which can also be done during an office visit. An intrauterine device (IUD)
must be placed by a health care professional.
Omnia M Samra, MD
Bryan D Cowan, MD
Francisco Talavera, PharmD, PhD
Lee P Shulman, MD
Must Read Articles Related to Birth Control FAQs
Women's Health Resources
- Your Guide to a Healthy Pregnancy
- What to Know Before You Get Pregnant
- Birth Control and Insurance FAQ
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?