Birth Control Intrauterine Devices (IUDs) Topic Guide
Birth Control Intrauterine Devices (IUDS): An intrauterine device (IUD) is a small T-shaped plastic device that is placed in the uterus for birth control. Currently in the United States, 2 types of IUDs are available: copper and hormonal.
Must Read Articles:
Birth Control Hormonal Methods "The pill" was introduced in the United States in 1962 and signaled a new era for women and their ability to control their fertility.
Women's Health Resources
- Your Guide to a Healthy Pregnancy
- What to Know Before You Get Pregnant
- Birth Control and Insurance FAQ
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Can Baby Catch Eczema?
- How to Get Beautiful, Dandruff-Free Hair