Birth Control Medications (Contraceptives) (cont.)
IN THIS ARTICLE
Jenest, Mircette, Necon 10/11, Nelova 10/11, Ortho-Novum 10/11
Biphasic pills typically contain 2 different progesterone doses. The progesterone dose is increased about halfway through the cycle.
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 7/18/2014
Omnia M Samra, MD
Mary L Windle, PharmD
Suzanne R Trupin, MD
Francisco Talavera, PharmD, PhD
Lee P Shulman, MD
Must Read Articles Related to Birth Control Medications (Contraceptives)
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Birth Control Medications (Contraceptives):
Birth Control Medications - Side Effects
Have you suffered any side effects of birth control medications?
Women's Health Resources
- Your Guide to a Healthy Pregnancy
- What to Know Before You Get Pregnant
- Birth Control and Insurance FAQ
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?