Birth Control Medications (Contraceptives) (cont.)
IN THIS ARTICLE
Cyclessa, Estrostep, Ortho-Novum 7/7/7, Ortho Tri-Cyclen, Ortho Tri-Cyclen LO, Tri-Levlen, Tri-Norinyl, Triphasil, Trivora
Triphasic pills gradually increase the dose of estrogen during the cycle (some pills also increase the progesterone dose). Three different increasing pill doses are contained in each cycle.
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 7/18/2014
Omnia M Samra, MD
Mary L Windle, PharmD
Suzanne R Trupin, MD
Francisco Talavera, PharmD, PhD
Lee P Shulman, MD
Must Read Articles Related to Birth Control Medications (Contraceptives)
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Birth Control Medications (Contraceptives):
Birth Control Medications - Side Effects
Have you suffered any side effects of birth control medications?
Women's Health Resources
- Your Guide to a Healthy Pregnancy
- What to Know Before You Get Pregnant
- Birth Control and Insurance FAQ
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?