Birth Control: Myths About Sex and Pregnancy
Several myths about when a woman can or cannot become pregnant persist, particularly among younger people.
Learn how your body works and when pregnancy is most likely to occur. If you choose to have sexual intercourse but want to avoid pregnancy or sexually transmitted diseases, use an effective and safe method of birth control.
eMedicineHealth Medical Reference from Healthwise
To learn more visit Healthwise.org
© 1995-2012 Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.
Women's Health Resources
- Your Guide to a Healthy Pregnancy
- What to Know Before You Get Pregnant
- Birth Control and Insurance FAQ
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?