Birth Control Spermicides
Birth Control Spermicides Introduction
Spermicides are chemical barriers to conception. They are a reversible method of birth control, meaning that when a woman quits using them, full fertility returns. Vaginal spermicides are available in forms such as foam, cream, jelly, film, suppository, or tablet. Spermicides are not as effective as many other forms of birth control when used alone. They are often used with barrier methods of birth control and are much more effective when used in this context.
Omnia M Samra, MD
Suzanne R Trupin, MD
Francisco Talavera, PharmD, PhD
Lee P Shulman, MD
Must Read Articles Related to Birth Control Spermicides
Women's Health Resources
- Your Guide to a Healthy Pregnancy
- What to Know Before You Get Pregnant
- Birth Control and Insurance FAQ
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?