Birth Control Spermicides (cont.)
IN THIS ARTICLE
Several brands and types of spermicides are available over the counter. They can be obtained at drugstores, some supermarkets, and family planning clinics. Planned Parenthood lists the cost of applicator kits for foam and gel at about $8, and refills at about $4-8. Film and suppositories are priced similarly. In some states, the cost is covered by Medicaid when provided by clinics or authorized by a private doctor.
Omnia M Samra, MD
Suzanne R Trupin, MD
Francisco Talavera, PharmD, PhD
Lee P Shulman, MD
Must Read Articles Related to Birth Control Spermicides
Women's Health Resources
- Your Guide to a Healthy Pregnancy
- What to Know Before You Get Pregnant
- Birth Control and Insurance FAQ
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?