Viewer Comments: Black Eye - Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Black Eye:

Black Eye - Experience

Please describe your experience with black eye.

Comment from: happypami, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: December 16

I fell and skinned my arm and hit my head on pavement. I had a large knot on my head just above my temple. I was wearing my glasses at the time I fell. Strangely my eye did not start to blacken until four days after the injury. By the fifth day my eye was entirely black. It is not swollen just very black all around the eye.

Comment from: redwow, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: November 11

I am in good health. I do take Pradaxa because of my age. One of my eyes turned black (as in a shiner)! It went away after a week. I did nothing to cause it. Today, I have a black eye again.

Must Read Articles Related to Black Eye

Bruises
Bruises A bruise is a common skin injury that results in a discoloration of the skin. Symptoms and signs include pain and discolored skin. Applying a cold compress may ...learn more >>
Eye Injuries
Eye Injuries Eye injuries range from the very minor, such as getting soap in the eye, to the catastrophic, resulting in permanent loss of vision. Treatment of eye injuries d...learn more >>
Eye Pain
Eye Pain Eye pain has many causes, signs, symptoms, and treatments. It's also described as pain behind the eye, eye socket pain, or shooting pain in the eye. Headaches a...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Black Eye:

Black Eye - Treatment

What treatment has been effective for your black eye?

Black Eye - Causes

What was the cause of your black eye?