Viewer Comments: Bladder Cancer - Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Bladder Cancer:

Bladder Cancer - Experience

Please describe your experience with bladder cancer.

Comment from: bj, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: February 24

Before having bladder cancer surgery, you need to be honest and tell your doctor exactly how many beers you drink a day. After my surgery to remove my bladder and prostate, I developed a fever of 103 and finally found out I had a yeast infection in my blood stream which can be life threatening. My kidneys shut down and I had to have dialysis three times to get rid of the toxins in my body. My doctor said if he was me, "he wouldn't touch any more alcohol since the system was clear of toxins now." I am at home with home health and therapy because of my weakness. I never knew alcohol could cause such a problem.

Must Read Articles Related to Bladder Cancer

CT Scan (CAT Scan, Computerized Axial Tomography)
CT Scan History CT was discovered independently by a British engineer named Sir Godfrey Hounsfield and Dr. Alan Cormack. It has become a mainstay for diagnosing med...learn more >>
Cystoscopy
Cystoscopy Cystoscopy is the use of a scope (cystoscope) to examine the bladder. This is done either to look at the bladder for abnormalities or to help with surgery being...learn more >>
Urinalysis
Urinalysis Urinalysis (UA) is a commonly ordered medical test to analyze urine. It may be used to diagnose urinary tract infections (UTIs) or kidney stones, to screen for ...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Bladder Cancer:

Bladder Cancer - Symptoms

What symptoms of your bladder cancer?

Bladder Cancer - Effective Treatment

What treatment has been effective for your bladder cancer?

Bladder Cancer - Staging

What stage was your bladder cancer when you were diagnosed?

Bladder Cancer - Prognosis

What is the prognosis for your bladder cancer?

Bladder Cancer - Causes

What caused your bladder cancer?

Bladder Cancer - Exams and Tests

Please describe your experience with exams and tests for bladder cancer.