Viewer Comments: Bone Fracture - Treatment

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Bone Fracture (Broken Bone):

Bone Fracture - Treatment

What treatments were administered for your fractures?

Comment from: dee, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: July 11

I broke both my fibia and tibia in a fall 9 months ago. I had surgery which included having plates/pins put in. I have been having x/rays every 6 to 8 weeks as it seemed that one of my breaks wasn't healing as quick as it should. I had a gut feeling that something wasn't right with my fracture to which I found out when I had my most recent x/ray, yesterday. The consultant who participated in my op told me that one pin had detached from my bone and the other pin was on its way out and that my broken bone was actually holding on by a 'thread' and could fail at anytime. I am in constant pain and now I know why. But I would like to know whether the op wasn't done properly in the first place and how long has my pins been like this and they haven't noticed because on my last scan from 8 weeks ago it was never mentioned that my pins had detached. I think I need a second opinion on this one.

Must Read Articles Related to Bone Fracture (Broken Bone)

Broken Ankle
Ankle Fracture An broken ankle (ankle fracture) can be caused by rolling the ankle in or out, twisting the ankle, extreme flexing of the joint, or trauma. Symptoms of a broken...learn more >>
Back Pain
Back Pain Health Back pain may be caused by sciatica, a herniated disc, spinal stenosis, fibromyalgia, injury and pregnancy. Possible symptoms include pain that radiates down t...learn more >>
Broken Arm
Broken Arm A broken or fractured arm means that one or more of the bones of the arm have been cracked. This is a common injury occurring in both children and adults. ...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Bone Fracture (Broken Bone):

Bone Fracture - Experience

Please share your experience with broken bone(s).

Bone Fracture - Causes

What caused your broken bone(s)?

Bone Fracture - Symptoms and Signs

What were the symptoms and signs of your fracture(s)?