Bone Spurs (cont.)
IN THIS ARTICLE
In some cases, if your symptoms cannot be controlled with more conservative treatment, surgery could be an option. The goal of surgery is to remove the bone spurs to allow for a more normal joint or to remove the pressure on muscles, tendons, ligaments, or nerves. The surgery may just remove the bone spurs, but in other cases, the removal could be part of a larger surgery such as a joint-replacement surgery.
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 5/27/2014
Must Read Articles Related to Bone Spurs
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Bone Spurs:
Bone Spur - Symptoms
What symptoms did you experiences from your bone spur?
- Are You Managing Your RA?
- Arthritis and Lyme Disease
- Treating OA: Should You Give Injectables a Shot?
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?