Borderline Personality Disorder (cont.)
IN THIS ARTICLE
Borderline Personality Disorder Prognosis
Although individuals with BPD have a one in 10 chance of completing suicide, and adults with this disorder are at risk for having difficulty functioning in many aspects of their lives, many tend to regain much of their functioning by 40 years of age. Therefore, the BPD sufferer who is able to work with the professionals who care for them can be optimistic about the prognosis for their recovery over time.
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 8/20/2012
Must Read Articles Related to Borderline Personality Disorder
Mental Health Resources
- Depression Treatment Tips
- Insurance Coverage for Mental Health Care
- 6 Tips for Getting an ADHD Child to Eat
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Can Baby Catch Eczema?
- How to Get Beautiful, Dandruff-Free Hair