Viewer Comments: Brain Cancer - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Brain Cancer:

Brain Cancer - Symptoms

The symptoms of brain cancer can vary greatly from patient to patient. What were your symptoms at the onset of your disease?

Comment from: Mermaid, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: January 24

I had a visual field disturbance for about 45 minutes one night. Two weeks later, I had what the doctor called "a classic migraine headache," in the afternoon of one day and the morning of the next. Both times the headaches were mild and went away within a couple of hours. As I had triple negative breast cancer two years ago, I had an MRI this morning to "rule out" a brain tumor and I just learned that I have brain metastasis, two spots on my brain

Comment from: lindsey verne, 55-64 Female (Caregiver) Published: June 20

My mom was just diagnosed with brain with brain cancer and lung cancer. None of us never new until a few days ago she was supposed to go in for gall bladder surgery. This hit her all at once and she really had no symptoms except for now, she is losing her appetite and she had headaches and lower back pain. The doctors only gave her a month.

Comment from: david, 55-64 Female (Caregiver) Published: June 07

About a month ago, my wife began seeing white spots in her right eye and thought that it was due to a new drug she was taking, so she went to see her eye doctor who found nothing wrong. She had been having headaches but did not associate them with anything other than stress. Then about 3 weeks ago she began to feel numbness and tingling on her right hand. We took her to the ER where they ran a CAT scan and an EKG but said all was normal. The next day, however, her right side began to spasm uncontrollably and she felt as though electric shocks were travelling up and down her right side. This time the ER did a CAT scan of her brain followed up with an MRI and found metastatic cancer throughout her brain.

Comment from: Daddyslittlegirl9900, 13-18 Female (Caregiver) Published: April 04

My dad died from brain cancer. He had 18 tumors and he also had lung cancer! The doctors thought that he got brain cancer from the cancer in his lungs traveling to the brain! His symptoms where, falling, vomiting, seizures, headaches and he would pass out a lot! It was very depressing seeing him do things and say things he didn't mean! It has been 2 years! It is hard to see your dad who was your hero die from a horrible disease!

Comment from: sponrunner, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: April 01

I have suspected brain cancer. I have been advised that a biopsy will probably rob me of my power of speech so it will be the last resort. I have had 5 MRI scans which reveal a swelling of the brain from behind my left ear towards the rear of my head. No tumor is visible at this stage. I suffer sporadic memory loss such as how to operate the TV remote control, names of friends etc. I have a vague ache on both sides of the head which is not troublesome. My more or less hourly attacks of arm and hand trembling and sometimes inability to speak coherently are well controlled with medication. I am due for another MRI scan in 3 weeks time to hopefully find certainty one way or the other. Looking back I discern the problem starting about 3 or 4 months ago with sudden onset of sexual problems (slowness to achieve orgasm) coupled with startling and unusual difficulty in recalling information. About 3 weeks ago I started to wake at night with unexplained terror attacks which were later followed by feeling of nausea and arm and hand trembling (approximately 1 or 2 minutes) which increased dramatically from one per night to 7 or 8 per day until controlled with medication.

Comment from: Erika, 65-74 Female (Caregiver) Published: March 16

My mother had breast cancer, clear for 5 years, then she complained of a sore hip, X-ray revealed cancer all over her lateral bones and skull. 3 weeks ago my mother collapsed thought she had a stroke, had no balance, dizzy when walking, pain in her legs, she had some hearing loss and her gait was irregular, also numb around her mouth. After an MRI discovered the cancer has moved into to the fluid sac around her brain and the spinal cord fluid. She is 71.

Comment from: mamalane_02@hotmail., 45-54 Female (Caregiver) Published: November 01

My husband is 47 yrs old as myself. He started having symptoms over about 1 and a half ago. He had been blacking out, having weakness in his legs, trembling of legs, tiredness, headaches, at the end of the day. Then one day, he and our son were out riding dirt bikes together, and my husband fell on the bike and had a helmet on but hit his head so hard, that the helmet came off. After 2 weeks of a headache every day, he went to the hospital to then found out he had a tumor, we then got further testing to show he also had a cyst right beside it. Needless to say, he then had to have brain surgery for 8 hrs to remove 90% of the tumor because the rest is attached to the brain and cause serious issues. He is taking it very hard emotionally-no work, driving, tired, angry, scared! He has started radiation and has been only going 8 days-small blister at radiation spot, but 99% aloe vera gel is great. He will be starting oral chemo soon and has radiation for 33 days. He has been a trooper through the hole process since September, especially because there have been lots of issues at one time.

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Brain Cancer:

Brain Cancer - Prognosis

What is the prognosis for your brain cancer?