Viewer Comments: Brain Cancer - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Brain Cancer:

Brain Cancer - Symptoms

What were the symptoms of your brain cancer?

Comment from: Jjj, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: July 13

I have an acoustic neuroma, I have pain at the back of my head, left side.

Comment from: Bertha, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: January 29

My name is. I had been getting really bad headaches. I started feeling my nerves acting up on my right side of my body. I went to my room to reach for something, but when I walked in my front room I had a seizure. I fell on my left side biting down on my lip. I was bleeding but I didn't felt anything! I got to the hospital and didn't expect the news: I have three tumors in the brain. I underwent two surgeries. I am about 80% better, but I miss being 100%.

Comment from: 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: December 03

I had severed neck and pain and severe pain in the back of my head.

Comment from: very sad daughter, 65-74 Male (Caregiver) Published: March 07

My father in law has been fighting cancer for the past 12 years. It started as skin cancer (he was a roofer by trade). The cancer then travelled thought to his liver and spotting on his lungs, he was given just six months to live in 2010. He was given a life line called Avastin after the chemo failed to help. This drug managed to shrink the cancer, and he has had regular body scans but never a brain scan. Two weeks ago he started to get severe headaches, loss of balance and now muddled speech. We have been at the hospital all day after an emergency scan and we are awaiting the results which we are told we will get in the morning. We love him with all our hearts. He is the head of our family and never ever moans.

Comment from: Mermaid, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: January 24

I had a visual field disturbance for about 45 minutes one night. Two weeks later, I had what the doctor called "a classic migraine headache," in the afternoon of one day and the morning of the next. Both times the headaches were mild and went away within a couple of hours. As I had triple negative breast cancer two years ago, I had an MRI this morning to "rule out" a brain tumor and I just learned that I have brain metastasis, two spots on my brain

Comment from: lindsey verne, 55-64 Female (Caregiver) Published: June 20

My mom was just diagnosed with brain with brain cancer and lung cancer. None of us never new until a few days ago she was supposed to go in for gall bladder surgery. This hit her all at once and she really had no symptoms except for now, she is losing her appetite and she had headaches and lower back pain. The doctors only gave her a month.

Comment from: david, 55-64 Female (Caregiver) Published: June 07

About a month ago, my wife began seeing white spots in her right eye and thought that it was due to a new drug she was taking, so she went to see her eye doctor who found nothing wrong. She had been having headaches but did not associate them with anything other than stress. Then about 3 weeks ago she began to feel numbness and tingling on her right hand. We took her to the ER where they ran a CAT scan and an EKG but said all was normal. The next day, however, her right side began to spasm uncontrollably and she felt as though electric shocks were travelling up and down her right side. This time the ER did a CAT scan of her brain followed up with an MRI and found metastatic cancer throughout her brain.

Comment from: Daddyslittlegirl9900, 13-18 Female (Caregiver) Published: April 04

My dad died from brain cancer. He had 18 tumors and he also had lung cancer! The doctors thought that he got brain cancer from the cancer in his lungs traveling to the brain! His symptoms where, falling, vomiting, seizures, headaches and he would pass out a lot! It was very depressing seeing him do things and say things he didn't mean! It has been 2 years! It is hard to see your dad who was your hero die from a horrible disease!

Comment from: sponrunner, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: April 01

I have suspected brain cancer. I have been advised that a biopsy will probably rob me of my power of speech so it will be the last resort. I have had 5 MRI scans which reveal a swelling of the brain from behind my left ear towards the rear of my head. No tumor is visible at this stage. I suffer sporadic memory loss such as how to operate the TV remote control, names of friends etc. I have a vague ache on both sides of the head which is not troublesome. My more or less hourly attacks of arm and hand trembling and sometimes inability to speak coherently are well controlled with medication. I am due for another MRI scan in 3 weeks time to hopefully find certainty one way or the other. Looking back I discern the problem starting about 3 or 4 months ago with sudden onset of sexual problems (slowness to achieve orgasm) coupled with startling and unusual difficulty in recalling information. About 3 weeks ago I started to wake at night with unexplained terror attacks which were later followed by feeling of nausea and arm and hand trembling (approximately 1 or 2 minutes) which increased dramatically from one per night to 7 or 8 per day until controlled with medication.

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Brain Cancer:

Brain Cancer - Prognosis

What is the prognosis for your brain cancer?

Brain Cancer - Treatment

What treatment did you receive for brain cancer?