Viewer Comments: Brain Cancer - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Brain Cancer:

Brain Cancer - Symptoms

What were the symptoms of your brain cancer?

Comment from: Erika, 65-74 Female (Caregiver) Published: March 16

My mother had breast cancer, clear for 5 years, then she complained of a sore hip, X-ray revealed cancer all over her lateral bones and skull. 3 weeks ago my mother collapsed thought she had a stroke, had no balance, dizzy when walking, pain in her legs, she had some hearing loss and her gait was irregular, also numb around her mouth. After an MRI discovered the cancer has moved into to the fluid sac around her brain and the spinal cord fluid. She is 71.

Comment from: mamalane_02@hotmail., 45-54 Female (Caregiver) Published: November 01

My husband is 47 yrs old as myself. He started having symptoms over about 1 and a half ago. He had been blacking out, having weakness in his legs, trembling of legs, tiredness, headaches, at the end of the day. Then one day, he and our son were out riding dirt bikes together, and my husband fell on the bike and had a helmet on but hit his head so hard, that the helmet came off. After 2 weeks of a headache every day, he went to the hospital to then found out he had a tumor, we then got further testing to show he also had a cyst right beside it. Needless to say, he then had to have brain surgery for 8 hrs to remove 90% of the tumor because the rest is attached to the brain and cause serious issues. He is taking it very hard emotionally-no work, driving, tired, angry, scared! He has started radiation and has been only going 8 days-small blister at radiation spot, but 99% aloe vera gel is great. He will be starting oral chemo soon and has radiation for 33 days. He has been a trooper through the hole process since September, especially because there have been lots of issues at one time.

Comment from: sisterlylove, 55-64 Female (Caregiver) Published: August 16

I had attacks of severe headaches and just prior to these headaches, I was slightly disoriented and my arms and hands would tremble. These attacks would last anywhere from 30 seconds to three minutes. It was four or five months later that I was diagnosed with brain cancer.

Comment from: 55-64 Male (Caregiver) Published: August 09

My dad has been suffering from Leukemia since February, 2009. Around November, he was diagnosed with throat cancer. Then on Mother's Day we discovered the throat cancer moved into his stomach. He started chemotherapy and the cancer counts were cut down by almost half after 2 months of treatment. About one month after finding out his cancer was diminishing, he had bad headaches. He immediately went to the eye doctor; they didn't find anything wrong. Then he went to his doctor and had an MRI and CAT scan. They didn't find anything. That was two weeks ago. Earlier this week he had another CAT scan and they found brain cancer. He had been suffering with headaches, loss of balance, diminished concentration, loss of appetite, you name it-he felt it. He has been so miserable the last 3 weeks.

Comment from: meladan55, 55-64 Male (Caregiver) Published: July 30

My husband complained of memory lapses twice in three days. We thought he might be having mini-strokes. On the fourth day, he was diagnosed with glioblastoma multiforme, grade 4. On the tenth day, he had a resection and is now, 2 months later, finishing up round one of radiation and chemotherapy. We are hopeful but not overly optimistic. Memory loss was his only symptom.

Comment from: sad1, 55-64 Female (Caregiver) Published: July 20

My father had strokes, headaches and memory issues that include memory loss, didn't make sense of conversations, gave incorrect info and was more direct and upfront with answers or conversations. He first had stage 4 lung cancer and beat that. Then the cancer moved to the brain. He underwent radiation and six weeks later, the cancer was back and more aggressive. He is now home with hospice.

Comment from: No Fear, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: April 28

I had a headache for about a month. The doctors say I have Primary Brain Cancer, Central Nervous System Lymphoma.

Comment from: chris, 45-54 Female (Caregiver) Published: February 24

Before I was diagnosed with brain cancer, I got extremely bad headaches and double vision.

Comment from: KKIKERSHIELDS64, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 12

I started going blind! That's how we discovered I had stage 4 lung cancer that had metastasized to my spine & gone to the lining of my brain with one tumor inside on my optic nerve. Ten rounds of radiation brought my eyesight back then it was on to chemo. If I hadn't started losing my eyesight, I don't know if I would be here now. So from the end of January 09 to the end of January 2010, I'm, in remission! For a couple of years, I had moderately severe migraines & my spine near the top would get jarring pains if I took a misstep like stepping in a little hole in the backyard & that was about a month before we discovered the cancer. So I had no major red flags, but I just found out my cancer doctor and his staff didn't think I'd see the end of 2009, but here I am turning 46!!!!

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Brain Cancer:

Brain Cancer - Prognosis

What is the prognosis for your brain cancer?

Brain Cancer - Treatment

What treatment did you receive for brain cancer?