Viewer Comments: Brain Cancer - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Brain Cancer:

Brain Cancer - Symptoms

What were the symptoms of your brain cancer?

Comment from: sisterlylove, 55-64 Female (Caregiver) Published: August 16

I had attacks of severe headaches and just prior to these headaches, I was slightly disoriented and my arms and hands would tremble. These attacks would last anywhere from 30 seconds to three minutes. It was four or five months later that I was diagnosed with brain cancer.

Comment from: 55-64 Male (Caregiver) Published: August 09

My dad has been suffering from Leukemia since February, 2009. Around November, he was diagnosed with throat cancer. Then on Mother's Day we discovered the throat cancer moved into his stomach. He started chemotherapy and the cancer counts were cut down by almost half after 2 months of treatment. About one month after finding out his cancer was diminishing, he had bad headaches. He immediately went to the eye doctor; they didn't find anything wrong. Then he went to his doctor and had an MRI and CAT scan. They didn't find anything. That was two weeks ago. Earlier this week he had another CAT scan and they found brain cancer. He had been suffering with headaches, loss of balance, diminished concentration, loss of appetite, you name it-he felt it. He has been so miserable the last 3 weeks.

Comment from: meladan55, 55-64 Male (Caregiver) Published: July 30

My husband complained of memory lapses twice in three days. We thought he might be having mini-strokes. On the fourth day, he was diagnosed with glioblastoma multiforme, grade 4. On the tenth day, he had a resection and is now, 2 months later, finishing up round one of radiation and chemotherapy. We are hopeful but not overly optimistic. Memory loss was his only symptom.

Comment from: sad1, 55-64 Female (Caregiver) Published: July 20

My father had strokes, headaches and memory issues that include memory loss, didn't make sense of conversations, gave incorrect info and was more direct and upfront with answers or conversations. He first had stage 4 lung cancer and beat that. Then the cancer moved to the brain. He underwent radiation and six weeks later, the cancer was back and more aggressive. He is now home with hospice.

Comment from: No Fear, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: April 28

I had a headache for about a month. The doctors say I have Primary Brain Cancer, Central Nervous System Lymphoma.

Comment from: chris, 45-54 Female (Caregiver) Published: February 24

Before I was diagnosed with brain cancer, I got extremely bad headaches and double vision.

Comment from: KKIKERSHIELDS64, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 12

I started going blind! That's how we discovered I had stage 4 lung cancer that had metastasized to my spine & gone to the lining of my brain with one tumor inside on my optic nerve. Ten rounds of radiation brought my eyesight back then it was on to chemo. If I hadn't started losing my eyesight, I don't know if I would be here now. So from the end of January 09 to the end of January 2010, I'm, in remission! For a couple of years, I had moderately severe migraines & my spine near the top would get jarring pains if I took a misstep like stepping in a little hole in the backyard & that was about a month before we discovered the cancer. So I had no major red flags, but I just found out my cancer doctor and his staff didn't think I'd see the end of 2009, but here I am turning 46!!!!

Comment from: cheri s, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: February 08

I was told I had Lung cancer in June 2009, but in November, I had no sign of cancer. Now I have cancer of the brain and a large mass in my neck. I'm doing radiation on the brain. They told me 2/3 months with radiation. I'm doing it for my family. I'm angry all the time for no reason. Headaches. My mom died of this same thing. I'm Praying for all of us.

Comment from: Nikki, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: January 07

I was 27 yrs old, and my symptoms started with a lingering headaches, and pressure in my head. I would feel as though my head was going to explode. I went to my general practitioner and all she did was check my eyes and pushed it off as migraines, and stress. It wasn't until I ended up in hospital after having an MRI for seizures that I discovered I had a brain tumor. I had the tumor removed, but ended up being paralyzed on one side of my body. I had to go through much therapy to learn how to walk, use my arms, balance and every other routine thing. I was like a baby learning how to write and tie laces and everything you could think of. My tumor was benign, but now in my most recent MRI, the area surrounding where the tumor is, is going white. They are unsure as to what this area is portraying. The doctors don't know if it is residual tumor or what. If anyone has any insight or has been through anything similar it would be very helpful to hear your comments.

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Brain Cancer:

Brain Cancer - Prognosis

What is the prognosis for your brain cancer?