Viewer Comments: Brain Cancer - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Brain Cancer:

Brain Cancer - Symptoms

What were the symptoms of your brain cancer?

Comment from: Michele S, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: March 10

I am a 38 year old woman who was diagnosed with a grade II Astrocytoma in my left temporal lobe about six months ago. For several years I had symptoms such as severe nausea, with feelings that I was going to faint or black out, some headache, depression, disorientation with time. Unfortunately the feelings were so vague that I was able to go for several years without being diagnosed, I was only lucky that the tumor had only reached grade II, which is slow growing. I was diagnosed after I woke up one morning and had numbness on the right side of my body. I have had a partial surgical resection and stereotactic radio surgery. Now, I suffer from spells where I feel disoriented and confused, the right side of my body will still feel numb and tingly, headache, dizziness. I am still waiting on the results of the radio surgery, which could take up to a year. Other than having a brain tumor, I'm healthy!

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Brain Cancer:

Brain Cancer - Prognosis

What is the prognosis for your brain cancer?

Brain Cancer - Treatment

What treatment did you receive for brain cancer?