Viewer Comments: Breast Lumps In Women - Diagnosis

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Breast Lumps and Pain:

Breast Lumps In Women - Diagnosis

Please describe the diagnosis of the breast lumps in your breast(s).

Comment from: rena, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 19

I am a 54 year old woman , who had a hysterectomy in 2006 from oversized fibroids. In the meantime I have had a lump in my left breast, which I found in 2007. I have had mammograms and ultra sounds. The doctors say it is nothing. This year I found a new doctor. After a mammogram was done she asked for an ultra sound and a digital. In the end I had to have an MRI. After much discussion, we decided to have the lump removed. It is too far back to just have it drained by needle, and it is solid and in a very suspicious area in the back of the breast. I have decided to go ahead and have the surgery this coming Tuesday. My doctor suggests, it may not be cancer. They will be able to do a quick biopsy before sewing me up, but if it is, it will be caught at in early enough stage, where I will hopefully see my great grandchildren grow. I will keep all updated on what has been found.

Must Read Articles Related to Breast Lumps and Pain

Breast Cancer
Breast Cancer Breast cancer is the second leading cause of cancer in women. Symptoms and signs of breast cancer include breast lumps, nipple discharge or inversion, or change...learn more >>
Breast Infection
Breast Infection Mastitis is an infection of the tissue of the breast that occurs most frequently during the time of breastfeeding. This infection causes pain, swelling, redness...learn more >>
Breast Reconstruction
Breast Reconstruction Breast reconstruction is surgery to restore the breast of women after mastectomy (removal of the breast). Breast reconstruction may involve implants or using th...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Breast Lumps and Pain:

Breast Lumps In Women - Cause

What was the underlying cause of your breast lumps?

Breast Lumps - Experience

Please describe your experience with breast lumps.