Viewer Comments: Breast Lumps In Women - Diagnosis

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Breast Lumps and Pain:

Breast Lumps In Women - Diagnosis

Please describe the diagnosis of the breast lumps in your breast(s).

Comment from: achesney, Female (Patient) Published: April 27

I just found a lump last week in my left breast. I had a follow up with my primary care doctor today. She is sending me for an Ultra Sound and diagnostic test tomorrow. I am 47 and my mother was diagnosed in 2009 with breast cancer that has now spread to her brain. She is 74 years old and is now living with me. I am under a lot of stress and very nervous/scared to what they might find tomorrow. I have been having early signs of menopause and have been reading this can occur during this time. I will hope for good news tomorrow. I never thought it could happen to me. Thanks for letting me share.

Comment from: em, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: January 05

I am 30 years old and had a partial hysterectomy three years ago. I was put on hormone replacement therapy a year ago. A few weeks into the therapy, I noticed that I have a painful lump in my breast.

Comment from: Cherokee, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: December 29

I was diagnosed with a breast disease age 20. Since then, every year I have had lumps and mass removed from my breast for testing. My right breast is so tiny now from all the surgeries and my left breast had greenish discharge. Dark green discharge from nipple can be blood as in my case. Now I am 50 and new lumps have appeared in both breasts again. The left side breast lump is hard and painful it's turning my nipple towards middle of chest. In the right breast my doctor found another lump. A digital mammogram has been ordered for me next week. I hate mammograms of any kind. I would rather have an ultrasound because they are far less painful.

Comment from: Concerned, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: November 08

Had Hysterectomy few months ago due to large cyst and major menstrual problems, had mammogram prior to surgery which came back “normal.” About 2 weeks ago I discovered lump in breast which grew in size over weekend, then reduced again in size by the time I went in to see my doctor a few days later. Was referred by PA for ultrasound which found many "lesions" some partially collapsed and some about 3 cm in diameter. After my Doctor reviewed ultrasound she referred me to Surgeon or further consults. Possible biopsy, possible to wait and see routine, who knows! Prayers for me and every woman out there dealing with these concerns.

Comment from: mistaryus, 13-18 Female (Patient) Published: August 10

I am 14 years old, (Wow I know) so I've had lumps in my breasts too. I've had one on the left and one on the right which were removed. Both times were pronounced benign so I'm happy for that. I've always had some sort of health problem so this wasn't a huge shock but when I discovered the first lump I cried so much because I was so scared. Now after going through those experiences I'm more conscious about my health. Right now I'm more worried about these constant strange headaches. But that's another story. Wish me luck!

Comment from: rena, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 19

I am a 54 year old woman , who had a hysterectomy in 2006 from oversized fibroids. In the meantime I have had a lump in my left breast, which I found in 2007. I have had mammograms and ultra sounds. The doctors say it is nothing. This year I found a new doctor. After a mammogram was done she asked for an ultra sound and a digital. In the end I had to have an MRI. After much discussion, we decided to have the lump removed. It is too far back to just have it drained by needle, and it is solid and in a very suspicious area in the back of the breast. I have decided to go ahead and have the surgery this coming Tuesday. My doctor suggests, it may not be cancer. They will be able to do a quick biopsy before sewing me up, but if it is, it will be caught at in early enough stage, where I will hopefully see my great grandchildren grow. I will keep all updated on what has been found.

Must Read Articles Related to Breast Lumps and Pain

Breast Cancer
Breast Cancer Breast cancer is the second leading cause o...learn more >>
Breast Infection
Breast Infection Breast infection, or mastitis, is a bact...learn more >>
Breast Reconstruction
Breast Reconstruction Breast reconstruction is surgery to restore the breast of women after mastectomy (removal of the breast). Breast reconstruction may involve implants or using th...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Breast Lumps and Pain:

Breast Lumps In Women - Cause

What was the underlying cause of your breast lumps?

Breast Lumps - Experience

Please describe your experience with breast lumps.