Viewer Comments: Broken Arm - Causes

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Broken Arm:

Broken Arm - Causes

How did you break your arm?

Comment from: Write2Inspire, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: October 05

While helping my daughter move we were leaning over her claw foot tub while hanging a shower curtain, lost center of gravity and fell into the tub. At least it's a funny story!

Comment from: grace, 55-64 Female Published: September 17

I fell off my bicycle. I am 61. I was trying to get some exercise. I shattered my humerus. And now, here I am, typing with one hand.

Comment from: Beverly, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: September 11

I was walking my dog & a pit bull ran at my dog. I tried to trip the pit bull, but it tripped me instead. I fell backwards and broke my lower arm/fractured it. Went to surgery the same day and they put in a plate and screws. It is much better. The pit bull did not bite me or my dog. I feel fortunate it's not worse.

Comment from: daniel.williams30, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: June 04

I broke my arm in a motorcycle crash. I fractured my left humerus in half. It is 3 weeks out still have terrible pain.

Comment from: kauffman540, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: April 30

I broke my right arm while in an arm wrestling match with a buddy. It was very painful and required surgery. The pain has gotten much better after three weeks but it's still sore.

Comment from: Hockey lover, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: January 30

I broke my radius and ulna. Actually I shattered them playing hockey. I have two plates and 15 screws.

Comment from: C/E, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: December 01

Hello everybody! I'm from Bulgaria and I'm 47 years old. I broke my left arm in three places! I'm a marine surveyor and during an inspection on board of ship I fell down into the ballast tank. The crew had removed the protective metal cover and had forgotten to mount it in reverse order.

Comment from: TIMTAM, 13-18 Male (Patient) Published: October 31

I broke my arm when I little boy tripped my by accident while we were playing basketball.

Comment from: 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: September 06

I broke my arm when I fell off a large horse.

Comment from: dawn, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: May 02

I fell down the stairs.

Comment from: puma, 75 or over Female (Caregiver) Published: March 07

I broke my arm when I tripped on electric blanket cord in February and fell against closet door.

Comment from: sadiecat, 65-74 Female (Caregiver) Published: March 04

I have a friend that is 70 yrs old and fell and broke her upper arm bone 11-09. Her doctors have told her that they cannot do surgery to set it and it will remain broken from now on. She has a splint on it, but her quality of life has gone down to nothing.

Comment from: pauline jones, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: February 28

I was going to put some leaves in the wheelie bin. The wind very heavy, and as I went to put top down, wind caught me. I fell against the bin and hurt my arm against a very sharp edge. It's broken.

Comment from: nadvo, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: May 16

Hi I broke my arm six years ago in a car accident. It was nine months no union and because of a heart and clotting issue no surgery was performed. I am now experiencing severe pain and swelling. I'm taking ibuprofen and Vicodin every day.