Viewer Comments: Broken Finger - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Broken Finger:

Broken Finger - Symptoms

What were the symptoms of your broken finger?

Comment from: Willy Boy, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: June 08

I broke , my finger when I accidently smashed window on it!

Comment from: charles, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: May 31

A metal plate fell on hand and fracture my forefinger.

Comment from: allieandmom, 7-12 Female (Patient) Published: February 11

When I broke my finger, I had numbness, swelling, and sharp pain. Unfortunately, there wasn't much that could be done about it.

Comment from: ang, Female (Patient) Published: February 04

I think I broke my finger 2 days ago after I fell while carrying a plant. My hand was crushed against a rock wall, and now I have pain, swelling and the (pinky) finger won't bend normally nor straighten, and it is kind of at a wrong angle. It doesn't look nor feel right. I would go get it checked but we have icy roads...

Comment from: 55-64 Female Published: March 30

Shooting pain and immediate bruising with my broken finger and swelling of the knuckle above it. There is a dip in the bone at the reddened site of the blow to the hand.

Must Read Articles Related to Broken Finger

Finger Infection
Finger Infection Finger infections can be caused by a variety of bacteria and viruses. Types of finger infections include paronychia, felon, herpetic whitlow, cellulitis, infect...learn more >>
Finger Injuries
Finger Injuries Finger injuries can vary from small cuts, lacerations, puncture wounds, broken bones, dislocations, sprains, strains, nerve injuries, jammed fingers, and animal...learn more >>
Hand Injuries
Hand Injuries Hand injuries can be divided into six categories. 1) cuts and lacerations, 2) fractures and dislocations, 3) soft tissue injuries and amputations, 4) infections...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Broken Finger:

Broken Finger - Treatment

How did you break your finger and what was the treatment?