Viewer Comments: Broken Foot - Treatment

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Broken Foot:

Broken Foot - Treatment

How did you break your foot and what was the treatment?

Comment from: rcurbgirlno1, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 15

Walked out back door and fell over metal shelving that was on the porch and toe next to baby toe bent in half. Now there is swelling on the underside and top of foot. I can't even move any of my toes.

Comment from: non-walking disaster, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: February 24

I missed a step and rolled my foot laterally. Immediately went down in severe pain. Also felt nauseated and felt like I was going to pass out. Currently I am non-weight bearing for 2 weeks with a walking boot and crutches. I can use the boot only for balance.

I'm not sure how I sustained the stress fracture of my second metatarsal. I do have flat feet and spent the hot summer in flip flops. I also had prior bunion surgery. My treatment is a cam walker. I am allowed to do whatever walking/activity is comfortable. I must wear the boot for four to six weeks.

Comment from: ellie, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: October 04

I broke and dislocated my big toe. I missed a step and feel causing my toe to get wedged between two rocks. I drove home, went to clinic in morning, and was told to go for X-rays which showed the damage. Went to a podiatrist and so far everything is going well. This happened two weeks ago. I was told it is healing well.

Comment from: cathy7, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: May 18

I was spraying weeds for 3 hours on uneven terrain. I did not fall or injure myself. The side of my foot started to hurt and has progressively gotten worse, so that now I can't walk on that foot. I don't know what happened. I have osteoporosis and lupus and maybe the stress of the job was too much.

Must Read Articles Related to Broken Foot

Broken Ankle
Ankle Fracture An broken ankle (ankle fracture) can be caused by rolling the ankle in or out, twisting the ankle, extreme flexing of the joint, or learn more >>
Ankle Sprain
Ankle Sprain Ankle sprains are common sports injuries caused by extreme force, unnatural motion, or uneven ground. Sprained ankles often occur during exercise, but may also ...learn more >>
Bone Fracture (Broken Bone)
Bone Fracture (Broken Bone) Fractures occur when bone cannot withstand the outside forces applied to the bone. Fractures can be open or closed. Types of fractures include:
  • gree...
learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Broken Foot:

Broken Foot - Symptoms

What were the symptoms of your broken foot?

Broken Foot - Experience

Please share your experience with a broken foot, for example, how it happened and what the treatment was.