Viewer Comments: Broken Hand - Causes

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Broken Hand:

Broken Hand - Causes

What was the cause of your broken hand?

Comment from: clatham, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: October 17

Broke my right hand when I fell down 2 steps in my garage and landed on my hand to break my fall.

Comment from: 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: September 20

I broke my hand when I pulled apart fighting dogs.

Comment from: Tabbitha, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: September 13

I broke my hand when I slammed it in a door at work.

Comment from: Duff, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: August 30

I broke my finger when the pull cord on my generator jammed as I was pulling upward.

Like any person I could only take so much. After some infuriating 'conversations', I punched as hard as humanly possible a solid brick pillar cemented into the ground. This chipped a piece of brick off and consequently my bone too. Pillar: one, hand: zip. I completely snapped one bone in the wrist in half and another bone bowed up, I think a meta carpal, lucky it wasn't compound fracture, and my knuckle has a fracture running down the finger bone.

Comment from: Female (Patient) Published: August 23

I tried to take a photo while riding my bike at 18 mph and crashed. That's about stupid as texting while driving. Also bruised my chin, legs, and will probably lose a tooth.

Comment from: crasito, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: August 15

I broke my hand when I crashed my dirt bike. The accident happened in 1990 and the bone is still broken.

Comment from: cerealkiller1124, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: August 01

Stupidity and poor control of my temper caused my broken hand. I decided to punch an upright, deep freezer.

Comment from: susie, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: June 22

I was at work and I was cleaning under a meat slicer and the whole thing fell straight down on top of my right hand and wrist, breaking my hand.

Comment from: 13-18 Male Published: June 21

I broke my hand when I tried to catch a fastball.

Comment from: ian Clarke, 35-44 Male Published: June 16

I fell off a motorcycle and the clutch lever snapped over my left little finger causing a small fracture to the distal phalange and left it slightly dislocated. The hand specialist seems to think the best course of action would be to fuse the two bones together therefore losing the ability to move it. I did the injury about 3 weeks ago now so other options are no longer available.

Comment from: sunflower, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: June 14

I broke my hand when I fell off the sidewalk.

I broke my hand when I punched a solid wall.

Comment from: 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: April 18

I hit a 55MPH softball at the batting cage with an aluminum bat. My hand hurts so bad right now that I can't breathe!

Must Read Articles Related to Broken Hand

Boxer's Fracture
Boxer's Fracture A boxer's fracture is a break through the bones of the hands that form the knuckles. Boxer's fractures usually occur from a person punching another person (fist...learn more >>
Hand Injuries
Hand Injuries Hand injuries can be divided into six categories. 1) cuts and lacerations, 2) fractures and dislocations, 3) soft tissue injuries and amputations, 4) infections...learn more >>