Viewer Comments: Broken Hand - Causes

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Broken Hand:

Broken Hand - Causes

What was the cause of your broken hand?

Comment from: Mimi, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: June 25

Accidental fall on a sidewalk!

Comment from: luciola, 13-18 Female (Patient) Published: April 10

I ran into a doorknob.

Published: March 27

I broke my hand falling off of my toilet.

Comment from: IrvingWashington, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: March 19

I broke my hand when I punched in my bedroom wall, after finding out my ex-girlfriend was going out with her housemate (who I hate).

Comment from: bigHITter81, 13-18 Male (Patient) Published: March 12

I broke my hand during football practice.

Comment from: Chip Greens, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: January 25

I was hitting a golf ball out of deep grass.

Comment from: fernando, 13-18 Male (Patient) Published: December 05

I broke my hand when I fell on a piece of glass and it went through my hand. Now I need surgery.

Comment from: clatham, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: October 17

Broke my right hand when I fell down 2 steps in my garage and landed on my hand to break my fall.

Comment from: 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: September 20

I broke my hand when I pulled apart fighting dogs.

Comment from: Tabbitha, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: September 13

I broke my hand when I slammed it in a door at work.

Comment from: Duff, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: August 30

I broke my finger when the pull cord on my generator jammed as I was pulling upward.

Like any person I could only take so much. After some infuriating 'conversations', I punched as hard as humanly possible a solid brick pillar cemented into the ground. This chipped a piece of brick off and consequently my bone too. Pillar: one, hand: zip. I completely snapped one bone in the wrist in half and another bone bowed up, I think a meta carpal, lucky it wasn't compound fracture, and my knuckle has a fracture running down the finger bone.

Comment from: Female (Patient) Published: August 23

I tried to take a photo while riding my bike at 18 mph and crashed. That's about stupid as texting while driving. Also bruised my chin, legs, and will probably lose a tooth.

Comment from: crasito, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: August 15

I broke my hand when I crashed my dirt bike. The accident happened in 1990 and the bone is still broken.

Comment from: cerealkiller1124, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: August 01

Stupidity and poor control of my temper caused my broken hand. I decided to punch an upright, deep freezer.

Must Read Articles Related to Broken Hand

Boxer's Fracture
Boxer's Fracture A boxer's fracture is a break through the...learn more >>
Hand Injuries
Hand Injuries Hand injuries can be divided into six categories. 1) cuts and lacerations, 2) fractures and dislocations, 3) soft tissue injuries and amputations, 4) infections...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Broken Hand:

Broken Hand - Follow-up

Did you have any complications resulting from your broken hand? Please describe them.