Viewer Comments: Broken Hand - Causes

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Broken Hand:

Broken Hand - Causes

What was the cause of your broken hand?

Published: March 10

My hand was broken when it got slammed into a car door.

Comment from: Sillyarb, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: July 21

While at a friend's with a balcony, we got somewhat adventurous and climbed onto scaffolding that was just outside. On my return jump to the balcony, my feet met wet wood and slid out from under me. I landed on my behind and my right hand... A metacarpal broke in two places, but the bottle I was holding with my left survived.

Must Read Articles Related to Broken Hand

Boxer's Fracture
Boxer's Fracture A boxer's fracture is a break through the bones of the hands that form the knuckles. Boxer's fractures usually occur from a person punching another person (fist...learn more >>
Hand Injuries
Hand Injuries Hand injuries can be divided into six categories. 1) cuts and lacerations, 2) fractures and dislocations, 3) soft tissue injuries and amputations, 4) infections...learn more >>