Viewer Comments: Broken Hand - Causes

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Broken Hand:

Broken Hand - Causes

What was the cause of your broken hand?

Comment from: susie, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: June 22

I was at work and I was cleaning under a meat slicer and the whole thing fell straight down on top of my right hand and wrist, breaking my hand.

Comment from: 13-18 Male Published: June 21

I broke my hand when I tried to catch a fastball.

Comment from: ian Clarke, 35-44 Male Published: June 16

I fell off a motorcycle and the clutch lever snapped over my left little finger causing a small fracture to the distal phalange and left it slightly dislocated. The hand specialist seems to think the best course of action would be to fuse the two bones together therefore losing the ability to move it. I did the injury about 3 weeks ago now so other options are no longer available.

Comment from: sunflower, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: June 14

I broke my hand when I fell off the sidewalk.

I broke my hand when I punched a solid wall.

Comment from: 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: April 18

I hit a 55MPH softball at the batting cage with an aluminum bat. My hand hurts so bad right now that I can't breathe!

Published: March 10

My hand was broken when it got slammed into a car door.

Comment from: Sillyarb, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: July 21

While at a friend's with a balcony, we got somewhat adventurous and climbed onto scaffolding that was just outside. On my return jump to the balcony, my feet met wet wood and slid out from under me. I landed on my behind and my right hand... A metacarpal broke in two places, but the bottle I was holding with my left survived.

Must Read Articles Related to Broken Hand

Boxer's Fracture
Boxer's Fracture A boxer's fracture is a break through the...learn more >>
Hand Injuries
Hand Injuries Hand injuries can be divided into six categories. 1) cuts and lacerations, 2) fractures and dislocations, 3) soft tissue injuries and amputations, 4) infections...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Broken Hand:

Broken Hand - Follow-up

Did you have any complications resulting from your broken hand? Please describe them.