Viewer Comments: Broken Jaw - Treatment

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Broken Jaw:

Broken Jaw - Treatment

What was the treatment for your broken jaw?

Comment from: Don, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: May 20

When I was wearing braces at the age of about 40 years old I was playing softball and when I turned to tag the runner out he hit me with a elbow to the jaw and broke it in three places. Believe me I could of lined it up better myself than he did. This year I went to an orthodontist to see what it would cold to line up my teeth and he said about $25,000. The jaw doctor I had had recent x-rays and still could not do the job that I could of myself. There is not a tooth in my lower jaw that in is alignment. In my opinion most jaw doctors are incompetent. I am now 65 years old and would not trust any jaw doctor to do the job right.

Comment from: doubletrouble, Female Published: March 25

The treatment for my broken jaw is wiring to prevent any movement, eating, etc. It is still ongoing and is hopefully going to be done in 2 weeks. It is hard for me to believe in the day of laser surgery, medication to halt AIDS, and being able to reattach body parts that this is the best treatment that they could come up with.

Must Read Articles Related to Broken Jaw

Facial Fracture
Facial Fracture A fracture is a broken bone. Facial fracture refers to any injury that results in a broken bone or bones of the face. Symptoms of a facial fracture depend on wh...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Broken Jaw:

Broken Jaw - Symptoms

What were the symptoms of your broken jaw?

Broken Jaw - Prevention

What prevention measures do you use to avoid getting broken jaw?