Broken Nose (cont.)
Broken Nose Surgery
Surgery may be needed for multiple breaks in the nose, persistent deformity
(such as a deviated septum), or damage to the inner portions of the nose.
- Some simple surgeries can be performed in the doctor's office.
- The doctor pushes the broken bones back into place.
- Special instruments and pain medicine (anesthesia)
may be used.
- Anesthesia may be injected into the nose or placed in the nostrils.
- Other surgeries are performed in the
- These surgeries tend to be more complex and involve
realigning the nasal bones and surrounding tissue.
- Intravenous (IV)
anesthesia is often used.
- Simple fractures that are not out of place do not
usually require surgery.
- A doctor will advise the best treatment plan.
Must Read Articles Related to Broken Nose
A fracture is a broken bone. Facial fracture refers to any injury that results in a broken bone or bones of the face. Symptoms of a facial fracture depend on wh...learn more >>
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Broken Nose: