Broken Shoulder Blade (cont.)
Broken Shoulder Blade Symptoms
Pain, swelling, and bruising may occur over the shoulder blade in the upper back or on the top of the shoulder overlying the coracoid and acromion processes.
- The person will hold the arm connected to the injured scapula close to the body.
- Movement of the arm will increase the scapular pain.
- The person will be unable to lift the arm connected to the fractured
- The person may have pain with each deep breath due to
movement of the chest wall with each breath. This movement may cause movement
of the broken shoulder blade causing pain.
- The person's shoulder with the fractured scapula may appear flattened or deformed.
Must Read Articles Related to Broken Shoulder Blade
CT was discovered independently by a British engineer named Sir Godfrey Hounsfield and Dr. Alan Cormack. It has become a mainstay for diagnosing med...learn more >>
Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) is a scanner that takes cross-sectional images of the body. It is used to evaluate tissues of the head, neck, chest, limbs, abd...learn more >>
Sprains and Strains
People are able to move because muscles contract and make the joints that they cross, move. Muscles attach on each side of the joint to bone by thick bands of ...learn more >>