Broken Toe (cont.)
IN THIS ARTICLE
Broken Toe Medical Treatment
Depending on the location and severity of the toe fracture, the fracture may need to be put back into place (reduced) and splinted or casted. If there is an open wound near the injured toe, a tetanus shot and antibiotics also may be necessary.
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 7/28/2015
Must Read Articles Related to Broken Toe
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Broken Toe:
Broken Toe - Healing
Did your broken toe affect your daily movements and activities?
Broken Toe - Describe Your Experience
Please describe your experience with broken toe.
Broken Toe - Treatment
What was the treatment for your broken toe?
Broken Toe - Symptoms
What were the symptoms of your broken toe?
- Shoes and Diabetes: Choosing the Right Pair
- 9 Questions to Ask Before Having Surgery
- Are We Close to a Cure for Cancer?
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication