Broken Toe Topic Guide
Broken Toe: The toe has many bones and one or more of the bones can be broken (fractured) after a foot or toe injury. Causes of a broken toe are generally from injury or trauma to the toe or foot. Symptoms of a broken toe may include pain, swelling, stiffness, bruising, deformity, subungual hematoma. Treatment depends upon the severity of the fracture.
Cast Care A cast is a rigid protective material of plaster or fiberglass. Cast care includes keeping the cast clean and dry, not putting anything down inside the cast, or break or trim part of the cast. If anything occurs to the cast (becomes wet and does not dry, becomes very tight and painful, or has a foul smell) see a health care professional.
Expert Views and News
- Shoes and Diabetes: Choosing the Right Pair
- 9 Questions to Ask Before Having Surgery
- Are We Close to a Cure for Cancer?
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication