Viewer Comments: Bronchitis - Diagnosis

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Bronchitis (Chronic):

Bronchitis - Diagnosis

How was your bronchitis diagnosed?

Comment from: Aliyahstars, 13-18 Female (Patient) Published: February 19

I'm 14 years old and I've got a really bad cough, but no fever. It went on for a week or more and my parents just told me that it would go away. I threw up about four times a day and had pounding headaches. When I finally went to the doctor he said I had bronchitis and if I waited any longer I could have had an asthma attack. I'm now on an inhaler and antibiotics that I take every 6 hours.

Comment from: Lee, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: January 15

I have had bronchitis for seven days. My wheezing is so loud I am not able to sleep! I have to try to sleep in a recliner but still have trouble. I'm on an antibiotic and an inhaler, neither of which seem to be helping. I want to feel normal again.

Comment from: jo, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: November 12

I was given a swab test into the nostrils for a flu test.

Comment from: Fairlassie, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: February 09

I was coughing very badly and had a cold for a week. I finally went to the ER and was diagnosed after a chest X-ray. I was given a Z-pak and told to rest and take decongestants.

Comment from: the cougher, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: November 23

I have bronchitis now about three weeks. It all started with sinusitis, sore throat, chest congestion and then in my bronchial tubes. My sinuses are better but still draining, my sore throat is gone and chest congestion is better, but I still have this aggravating cough.

Comment from: Lolo, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: November 02

I had been feeling sick for weeks, run down, body aches, fever and headache. I would think I was better and go to work but would suddenly feel bad again. Developed the cough in my chest and when I would start coughing would not be able to stop. Also cough was very painful and phlegmy. Finally, went to doctor today and was diagnosed with bronchitis and given antibiotics. I am trying to take it easy and hope the antibiotics help!

Comment from: xmoves8, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: October 31

I had a cough for over 2 weeks and it didn't get better. No other symptoms. No headache. No temperature. Went to see my doctor and she diagnosed it as bronchitis. Put me on antibiotics and I am on the 8th day.

Comment from: carpetshark, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: October 24

It all started out with a slight cold that seemed to get better after a few days. Then severe coughing started. I was coughing all day long and it got worse at night. I finally sought medical help after 18 days of no improvement. I was diagnosed as bronchitis w/bronchospasm. Chest x-rays showed possible pneumonia, and with a history of mild asthma was put on the antibiotic. I had a marked improvement in two days.

Comment from: khusta, Male (Patient) Published: October 07

I'm a male, 36yrs old. I have never been this sick. I was diagnosed with bronchitis four days ago. My doctor prescribed antibiotics and on day four started to feel better. I now have normal a cough, though I'm still wheezing and I still have a runny nose.

Comment from: 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: February 22

I like that other people are commenting on this infection. I find the inhaler works. I also drink a lot of water. Doctors thought I had pneumonia when I went in three days ago. The doctor called me to check on me two days after giving me an antibiotic for it. I told her it was not any better and I was diagnosed with bronchitis. I feel a little better now.

Must Read Articles Related to Bronchitis

Asthma
Asthma Asthma is a disease that affects the breathing passages of the lungs (bronchioles). Asthma may be caused by genes and environmental factors. Asthma causes wheez...learn more >>
Asthma in Children
Asthma in Children Children account for 47.8% of asthma-related visits to the emergency department. Asthma symptoms include wheezing, coughing, and chest tightness. Treatment focu...learn more >>
Asthma in Pregnancy
Asthma in Pregnancy Experiencing an asthma attack during pregnancy may deprive the fetus of oxygen, so it's important to continue taking the asthma medication that you took before ...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Bronchitis (Chronic):

Chronic Bronchitis - Experience

Please share your experience with chronic bronchitis.

Chronic Bronchitis - Medical Treatment

What medical treatments have been effective in treating your case of chronic bronchitis?

Chronic Bronchitis - Home Remedies

What home remedies have been helpful in treating your symptoms of chronic bronchitis?

Bronchitis - Length Symptoms Lasted

How long did the symptoms of your bronchitis last? Was there anything in particular that helped with pain/symptom relief?

Bronchitis - Symptoms

What symptoms did you experience with your bronchitis?