Viewer Comments: Bronchitis - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Bronchitis:

Bronchitis - Symptoms

What symptoms did you experience with your bronchitis?

Comment from: julie, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: June 10

I was diagnosed with bronchitis 2 days ago still coughing up flem, runny nose, tired only go from the bed to the lounge where i stay for most of the day. Treatment includes cefuroxime , cold and flu day/night tablets, ventolin to open up the airways and good old chicken soup ive had for the past 3 days, vitamins, garlic, vita C and horseradish tablets and plenty of fluids and rest. Hope I get better soon gota go back to work or hope to Monday, got 2 days to get better. Wish me luck.

Related Reading: cefuroxime | garlic

Comment from: Dnsmlt, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: January 15

It started as a sore throat with fever. I wound up with the flu which lasted for about five days. A friend dropped off homemade chicken soup which helped cut the fever. Amazing! The virus finally settled in my lungs. I took Mucinex for a few days. I stopped because my lungs were burning from coughing so much. My physician prescribes antibiotics. I am still coughing up a lot of phlegm and have fever off and on. Next step is Vicks 44 to suppress my cough as well as raw honey, lemon and tea...

Comment from: Cata, 25-34 (Caregiver) Published: December 03

The first symptom of bronchitis that I felt was an extremely body heat and waking up sweaty, chest tightness and extremely tired.

Comment from: Diana O., 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: May 22

It started with a burning pain under my breast bone, mild headache and cough. I was diagnosed with pneumonia but the symptoms persisted. Ii went for an x-ray and that's when the doctor found out it was bronchitis.

Comment from: Josh B., 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: April 10

I would cough so hard, I would have chronic headaches, and my chest hurt horribly bad. I finally went to the doctor and you guessed it, bronchitis and a sinus infection.

Comment from: PAMELA, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: March 19

My bronchitis started out with a low-grade fever, ache and dry cough. I was given antibiotics. My symptoms worsened and I ended up in the emergency room short of breath. I was in the hospital for five days and I could not stop coughing. I've now been home for two weeks and I'm still coughing. It has been a month now.

Comment from: Judybear, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: March 12

I started coughing two weeks ago. I used a prescription cough medicine and then the doctor diagnosed with me with a bronchial infection. The gurgling stopped and felt much better after five days of antibiotic and cough syrup with codeine.

Related Reading: codeine

Comment from: julia, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: January 23

I have had a cough, mild fever, and fatigue. It started with a sore throat. I went to the doctor after a couple of days and was diagnosed with bronchitis. I was prescribed albuterol and Zithromax. I'm still coughing, still very fatigued, have diarrhea, and just want to stay in bed.

Related Reading: albuterol

Comment from: Larry, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: January 23

I get colds frequently and too often they turn into dreaded bronchitis. Usually starts as an upper respiratory problem sinus or nasal, throat problem then into my lungs and strange as it may seems it usually hits my right lung first. I get congested in the head and then the lungs. Usually it is guaranteed that I will wind up with antibiotics in the end because of the infection I can't get rid of.

Must Read Articles Related to Bronchitis

Asthma
Asthma Asthma is a disease that affects the breathing passages of the lungs (bronchioles). Asthma may be caused by genes and environmental factors. Asthma causes wheez...learn more >>
Asthma in Children
Asthma in Children Children account for 47.8% of asthma-related visits to the emergency department. Asthma symptoms include wheezing, coughing, and chest tightness. Treatment focu...learn more >>
Asthma in Pregnancy
Asthma in Pregnancy Experiencing an asthma attack during pregnancy may deprive the fetus of oxygen, so it's important to continue taking the asthma medication that you took before ...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Bronchitis:

Bronchitis - Diagnosis

How was your bronchitis diagnosed?

Bronchitis - Length Symptoms Lasted

How long did the symptoms of your bronchitis last? Was there anything in particular that helped with pain/symptom relief?