Viewer Comments: Bronchoscopy: Procedure

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Bronchoscopy:

Bronchoscopy: Procedure

Why did your doctor order a bronchoscopy? What were your symptoms of lung disease?

Comment from: Carmel, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: September 01

I had a pain just under my left breast going through to my back, I couldn't walk up inclines without losing my breath and I had high blood pressure. I was sent to see a heart specialist who put me in hospital and gave me an angiogram. I didn't require a stent so the heart specialist sent me for a stress test, a breathing test and a CAT scan. The CAT scan showed nodules on both lungs. I was then referred to a respiratory doctor who gave me a bronchoscopy with biopsies and x-rays a few days later (after the blood thinners from the angiogram were out of my system). I am waiting for my results.

Comment from: Alanis, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: August 18

On a routine X-ray, the doctor saw a spot. I was immediately sent for a CT scan which confirmed a 1.5 cm parenchymal thickening in the right lung. The round spot appeared to have a softer core and so the doctor decided to send me for a bronchoscopy to check if I have TB or if this is a tumor. I'm waiting for results.