IN THIS ARTICLE
Doctors have no special treatment for bruises other than the techniques described under home remedies: ice packs and later heat, over-the-counter medications for pain, and elevation of the bruised area, if possible.
Prevention of Bruises
Prognosis of Bruises
Bruises typically take about two weeks to disappear without complications. Repeated bruising of the leg in the elderly can lead to weakened, yellow-brown skin that tears easily when abraded.
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 5/1/2015
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
Must Read Articles Related to Bruises
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Bruises:
Bruises - Home Remedies
What home remedies have effectively treated your bruises?
Bruise - Treatment
How do you treat bruises?
Bruises - Causes
What was the cause of your bruise?
- Your Guide to a Healthy Pregnancy
- How to Save Money on Health Care
- Are We Close to a Cure for Cancer?
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication