Prevention of Bruises
- Wear protective gear (shin guards) while playing contact sports such a soccer.
- Place furniture away from doorways and common walking paths within your home.
- Keep phone and electrical cords away from open areas where you may trip and fall.
- Be sure floors are kept dry and that rugs are slip resistant.
- Keep floors free of clutter.
- Plug in a small night light or use a flashlight if you need to walk to the bathroom during the night.
- If your doctor has prescribed anticoagulant medications (blood-thinners), be sure to have regular monitoring and adjust medications as necessary.
Must Read Articles Related to Bruises
A black eye is a common injury to the face. Most cases of a black eye occur due to an blow to the face by another person or an object. Other causes of swelling ...learn more >>
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Bruises: