Viewer Comments: Bulimia - Describe Your Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Bulimia:

Bulimia - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with bulimia.

Comment from: Dying inside, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: December 14

I have had bulimia for about 6 to 7 years. I do not like myself my looks or my body. I am a mom of 3 beautiful kids 2 boys and a girl my daughter is 14 and I so don't want her to ever be like me. I binge and purge everyday anywhere from 3 to 6 times a day. I use laxatives a lot. My body is starting to feel really weak. I know I am being selfish because I am going to die from this one day and my kids will not have a mom. I do not like doing it but I love to eat and eat a lot of whatever I want and not get fat.

Comment from: 13-18 Female (Patient) Published: November 13

I was bulimic last year. I would eat a big meal then feel fat and guilty. So to loose that weight I would fast by not eating lunch or breakfast for a couple weeks. My parents didn't know because I would always eat dinner.

Comment from: 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: November 11

I am 19 years old and have had a problem with food for as long as I can remember. I have this thing where whatever I eat makes me feel like I have put on weight, so I go on these days where I would eat loads and then be sick and some days I would eat nothing. I don't have anyone to turn to and I feel it's controlling me I don't think it will ever end.

Must Read Articles Related to Bulimia

Antidepressants
Understanding Antidepressant Medications There are many types of depression such as clinical depression, major depression, seasonal affective depression, dysthymia, and bipolar disorder. There are a va...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Bulimia:

Bulimia - Treatments

What treatment was effective for your bulimia?

Bulimia - Symptoms

What bulimia symptoms did you experience?