IN THIS ARTICLE
When to Seek Medical Care for Bunions
When a bunion causes persisting pain and tenderness, it is time to seek professional medical advice. However, even bunions that are not painful and bunions that are present in children should be evaluated. Orthotics and proper shoe gear may prevent or delay the progression of the bunion deformity by correction of the foot function (biomechanics).
Questions to Ask the Doctor
The following are important questions to ask the doctor:
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 12/4/2014
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
Must Read Articles Related to Bunions
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Bunions:
Bunions - Experience
Please describe your experience with bunions.
Bunions - Treatments
How were your bunions treated?
- Shoes and Diabetes: Choosing the Right Pair
- 9 Questions to Ask Before Having Surgery
- Are We Close to a Cure for Cancer?
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication