IN THIS ARTICLE
Diagnosis of Bunions
Doctors often require no tests or exams in the initial evaluation of a common bunion. Sometimes blood tests for gout and inflammatory arthritis that can be confused with bunions can be helpful. Imaging tests, such as X-ray examination, can be used to determine the degree of damage to bone and cartilage and the extent of the deformity.
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 12/4/2014
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
Must Read Articles Related to Bunions
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Bunions:
Bunions - Experience
Please describe your experience with bunions.
Bunions - Treatments
How were your bunions treated?
- Shoes and Diabetes: Choosing the Right Pair
- 9 Questions to Ask Before Having Surgery
- Are We Close to a Cure for Cancer?
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication