IN THIS ARTICLE
Surgery for Bunions and Bunion Surgery Complications
If a bunion is affecting your quality of life, consultation with a foot specialist is recommended. Persisting pains and deformity from bunions can be cured with surgical operations. The exact types of surgical correction of bunions vary depending on the structural severity of the deformity. No one type of procedure can correct all bunions.
Potential risks of surgery include but are not limited to infection, over/under-correction, delayed healing, nerve entrapment, irritating scar tissue formation, and joint stiffness.
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 12/4/2014
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
Must Read Articles Related to Bunions
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Bunions:
Bunions - Experience
Please describe your experience with bunions.
Bunions - Treatments
How were your bunions treated?
- Shoes and Diabetes: Choosing the Right Pair
- 9 Questions to Ask Before Having Surgery
- Are We Close to a Cure for Cancer?
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication