Cancer of the Mouth and Throat Topic Guide
Cancer of the Mouth and Throat: Cancer of the mouth and throat may look like an ulcer or a sore on the tongue, lips, inside lining of the cheeks, and other structures. Tobacco use, sun exposure, and human papillomavirus (HPV) are just some risk factors for mouth and throat cancer. Treatment may include surgery, chemotherapy, radiation, and targeted therapy. The prognosis of mouth and throat cancer depends on many factors.
X-rays Diagnostic x-rays are safe. But who hasn't wondered about them when undergoing a chest x-ray, mammogram, routine dental x-rays, or an x-ray for a broken bone? No scientific data indicate ...
Expert Views and News
Oral Health Resources
- What Can You Do to Prevent Oral Cancer?
- Eww! What's Living In Your Mouth?
- Evaluator: How Healthy Is Your Mouth?
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?