Viewer Comments: Mouth and Throat Cancer - Treatment

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Cancer of the Mouth and Throat:

Mouth and Throat Cancer - Treatment

What was the treatment for your mouth and throat cancer?

Comment from: C Lush, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: December 03

I have had cancer of the throat and mouth 2 times, first treated by radiation, and 2nd, surgery with the da-Vinci robot. I am 7 months out from that and had to go back under the knife to remove the bad scar to the tongue and jaw; that was November 24, 2015. I'm going in the morning to have the stiches removed and I hope for the best so I can start eating again. I have not eaten food by mouth since May 1, 2015. I'm living on a feeding tube. As of this last surgery I've had over 30 major surgeries, from heart, back 4 times, neck 3 times, pacemaker, throat, mouth, full teeth removal and many more. Doctors say I am a walking miracle.

Comment from: kjd999, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: December 01

In 2005 I was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer in the base of tongue, which had spread to lymph nodes in the neck. I had a lot of radiation, 8 weeks 5 times a week and 2 doses of chemotherapy. At 5 years I was declared cancer free, yeah. Well I was just diagnosed with cancer on one side of my throat, early detection. I think I cannot have any more radiation, but I did beat stage 4 and this has not spread, so I am hopeful after doing some reading up, wish me luck. I will do whatever I have to in order to beat it. I never did put my weight all back on, I was 215 lb., a body builder, and I now weigh 155.

Must Read Articles Related to Cancer of the Mouth and Throat

18 Cancer Symptoms
Cancer Symptoms Most symptoms and signs of cancer may also be explained by harmless conditions, so it's important to limit one's risk factors and undergo appropriate cancer scr...learn more >>
Cancer: What You Need to Know
Cancer: What You Need to Know The news comes like a sledgehammer into the stomach: "I'm sorry to tell you, but you have cancer." Every year, a million Americans are devastated by news of can...learn more >>
Chemotherapy
Chemotherapy Chemotherapy or "chemo" is a treatment for cancer. Depending on the type of cancer an individual has, it can cure cancer, control cancer. or ease cancer symptom...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Cancer of the Mouth and Throat:

Mouth and Throat Cancer - Symptoms

What are the symptoms of your mouth and throat cancer?

Mouth and Throat Cancer - Diagnosis

How was your mouth and throat diagnosed?